Tuesday, September 3, 2013

8/26/13 - Jordon

Well, this week has a bit of excitement.
 
First up, Transfers. It is confirmed: I'm currently in English work. However, I'm not down in Florence; instead, I'm still within the boundaries of my last area. My new companion is Elder Cope.
 
 
 
 He and I left from the MTC together. We cover two wards.  In my last area, there was a former investigater in oure area book that was being taught by the English Elders in that area. One of the wards we have contains her. The other ward covers an area named "Little Mexico". I still suspect that I'm supposed to be making preparations for a new Spanish area though. President Nattress called me last Monday night and said that he was putting me in English for a transfer, and that he needed me to demonstrate my leadership skills. Also that there was a 99.9% chance that I will back in Spanish next transfer. He also suggested that I study the training manual because I will likely be training soon as well. I'll see what I can do.
 
----------------------------------------
Remember that spanish phrase calandar you gave me for Christmas last year? It's been rather interesting. Most of the phrases are quite random, but somtimes it almost seems like it knows what's going on at times. Let me give you a couple examples: A little while back, I was giving myself a haircut (I bought clippers). however, when I started cutting, I accidently forgot the guard, resulting in a patch of very short hair. I was distraught over this. I did what I could to hide it (i.e. cutting the rest of my hair shorter than I had initially wanted), however, the damage had been done. Well, the next morning, I'm sitting at my desk, still completely distraught over the event. I then realized that I hadn't turned the page on the calandar. So, I did, and this was the phrase: "El tiempo restaura las heridas." ("Time heals all wounds.") Quite fitting, don't you think? I  laughed at the accuracy of the words and felt better after that. The other example I have for you is a little more comical. One night we had gotten home supper late. I don't remember why, but we did. We were both exhausted from the days events, and we decided to plan in the morning. Well, the next day I turn the page on the calandar, and the phrase reads: "No he hecho planes." (I have not made plans.") haha. Things like these seem to happen a lot.
----------------------------------------
That's all for this week. I hope everyone is doing well.
by the way, I love you, too, Mom. (hug)
(I love everyone else as well.)
 
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment