Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6/9/14 - Jordon

Well, not much to say for this week.

Tuesday, We had a lesson set with one of our investigators who we haven't been able to set a lesson with for a while. (I never did before this, as a matter of fact.) Well, about an hour before the appointment, she gave us a call and told us she wasn't interested anymore. I'm sitting there thinking, "Not interested? You haven't even given it a chance to be interested, and any time we stop by, you don't let us talk at all, so we can't testify to you of truth, so you can feel the Spirit. Of course, you're not interested!" Don't you just hate when that happens? I didn't say that, of course, but that's how I felt. On the plus side, she told us to stop by to say hi every once in a while. So, we're not out completely. There's still hope.

Guess what I got to do on Saturday...I drove a car!  I was on exchanges with one of the Elders in my District. He has some medical issues (bad knee and sprained wrist), so he has a car. Senior companion is usually the designated driver, and he's not the senior companion. So, I got to drive it around for the day. The reason this is so exciting for me is because I haven't driven a car for about seven months. I've been on bike for that period. On top of that, it's getting hot outside now, so it was nice to be out of the heat for short spurts throughout the day. Hehe.

As I mentioned last week, transfer calls were yesterday. I'm being transferred again. I don't know where to, but I trust I'm going where the Lord needs me. Perhaps I'll be back in Spanish. It's kinda funny. When I came out of Spanish, I was in the first English area for one transfer, then I had the five transfers in Gilbert Zone, and then this one transfer here. It makes a nice even buffer. (Spanish-1-5-1-Spanish)  We'll find out Wednesday.

That's really all I have for today. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Question: When did Tyler get a job? I remember him applying for jobs, but I don't remember him getting hired anywhere. Oh, well. Congrats, Tyler.

Oh, before I forget. Happy Fathers' Day!!!

Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment