Monday, February 17, 2014

2/17/11 - Jordon

Weather Report
It's been mostly sunny here. They say that this next week the temperature is supposed to hit the 90s!  Send some of that cold weather my way would you? Honestly, I had to wear my jacket more last winter than this one, even after I had the Summer for my blood to thin.
-----------------------------------------------
So, this week has been decent.

On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to remove a palm tree from the front yard of one of our less actives. He injured his knee on a skiing trip, so he accepted our help. it was an interesting task, but we figured it out. I think he's really starting to warm up to us. On Friday, after our lesson, he even gave us a ride home. I'm hoping this means we can start getting him to other things.
We also have dinner with a different less active family tonight. We hope to be able to get them active soon. They currently have a son on a mission in West Virginia. (we don't know either, so don't ask.) We managed to get them to Sacrament Meeting yesterday to hear me sing.

"Sing?" you ask? Did I not tell you about that. Well, yesterday I received the opportunity to do the special musical number in Sacrament Meeting. I sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go"; a great missionary hymn. It was a solo, and not only was it fit for me to sing as a missionary, but I also put a Spanish missionary twist on it. I decided to sing the second verse in Spanish. You know, the one about 'I'll say what you what me to say'. I thought it was a good idea. I recorded a run through during a practice session, and intended to get one of the actual performance, but I forgot my MP3 player on Sunday. So, I'm left with the practice recording. It's not the best quality, but it's better than nothing.

Guess what I found out  this week...I found out what happens when I don't have my medicine. Apparently, when I take my medicine, I'm more awake and I'm a bit more focused and calm. Well, this monday, Walmart was out of adderal, and I ran out on Wednesday. I was super tired every day there after, and I was also a bit more random than normal. I think I like myself better when I'm on my meds. I also find it less difficult to speak when I have my meds, as well. I made sure to drop off the prescription today and am going to pick it up as soon as I can. That might be tomorrow after District Meeting, however. Wish me good blessings!

I also realized something else this past week: This, being my 4th transfer here, means that I will have been here for roughly 6 months at the end of this transfer. That's 1/4th of my mission in whole! (ok so it's only going to be for 5+1/2 months, but still.) That's a long time. It's going by so fast! Soon enough I'll be home again.

That's it for this week. Oh, I meant to do this last week: Happy Birthday, Tyler
Also, Happy Missionary Awareness Day! (February 14th)
Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment