Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5/19/14 - DJ

Hola Everyone!

So this week was cool. On Wednesday we found some new people to teach. We just aren't sure what we will be able to do with them.  First is Rose, she is currently visiting her mom and grandma. Rose is from Kansas City and has lived there for the last 40 years. Her grandma has Alzheimer and it seems like the mom might be starting to get it too. We've helped Rose with some family problems by talking about the Plan of Salvation and making sure we keep an eye on "the Big Picture."  It was funny because she kept switching into English, and neither my companion nor the member that was with us speak much English, so I had to translate when she would do this. It was even funnier because it didn't register with me she was speaking English.  I understood what she was saying and didn't notice the language [change]. What made me notice is when everyone was looking at me to find out what she said.  It was good practice for me to translate as we were talking and made for an interesting lesson. 

Axel is progressing rapidly; making lots of friends and learning and applying what he is learning. No great stories about him, but he is gaining a strong testimony very quickly.

That's all for this week. Nos Vemos!

-Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment