Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5/19/14 - Jordon

Well, this week was eventful. Not so much for Investigators as much as for us.

One of our investigators, Janet, is doing rather well. She has had some health problems recently, so getting to church has been a bit of a hassle. But, that does give her plenty of opportunity to read. In our last lesson with her, we asked what she thought of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the Church. Her response: She believes the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ restored to the earth. That's amazing!  She wants to be baptized. Now we're just working on a date. More to come soon.

Guess what happened to me this past Saturday...My tire blew out.(see attached pictures) On Wednesday, we were riding along and my tire made a noise, so I stopped to inspect it. There was a bit of an s-bend in the tire. So, I took apart the wheel, and put it back together, and it looked fine. The next morning, as we were leaving the house, my tire was flat, so I pumped it up. The next morning, same thing. And, the same thing Saturday morning, too. Well, as we were inside visiting with a member family, it decided to give. I had a feeling it was coming, but I didn't know when. Thankfully, it was on  Saturday and not Sunday. Rest assured, I now have a working back tire and tube.
 

 

----------------------------------------------------
I forgot to mention something. Last week, one of our members took us out to Lunch. As we were talking, he asked what we wanted to do for a career when we got back. Naturally, as I've done so many times before on my mission, I told him I was looking at getting into Voice Acting. We talked a bit more about it, and then he did something I was not ready for. He told me that he has a friend, whose daughter happens to work for Nickelodeon. He then gave me his friend' phone number and told me to call him after I'm home from the mission. I'm not certain how I feel about this. This might help represent how I feel inside: Does that help? We'll see how that turns out in a few months.
----------------------------------------------------

That's about it for this week. Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment