Thursday, September 4, 2014

9/1/14 - Jordon

Well, it finally hit me. I'm going home. You know that feeling when you're about to go on a trip or something, and you feel like it's still quite some time away? Well, That's how I've been feeling...until Sunday morning in Sacrament Meeting. It made things a little interesting for me though. For Sacrament meeting all of us missionaries in the ward were asked to speak for 5 to 10 minutes about the different aspects of charity.  Best of all we didn't coordinate topics. We attempted to try it General Conference style, and it turned out really well, in my opinion. One of us talked about Charity being the pure love of Christ, another about how we obtain charity, another about how charity leads us to act (service), and another about what happens when we serve others motivated by charity. I elected to go last. I wanted to be the one to tie all the talks together. It was just before I got up to speak that it really hit me that I was going home. It made an interesting lead in to my talk though. I got up and said (in Spanish, "Well, for those of you who don't know me...it doesn't really matter. I'm going home tomorrow." Everyone laughed a bit. "But, maybe it does matter." Then I talked about the love I felt from everyone there, and continued on to the rest of my talk. It went alright.

So, I was thinking about it this morning, and I'd like to give you a few stats from my mission.
Over 16 Transfers in the field, I...
...had 14 Companions
...served in 7 Areas [He says he feels like The Doctor (Dr. Who reference)]
...lived in 9 Houses/Apartments
...served in 11 Wards and Branches
...served under 2 mission presidents (in two different missions)
...witnessed the completion and dedication of 1 new temple
...and had 3 baptisms, BUT
...numberless lives were influenced by my serving a mission, not the least of which was my own.
----------------------------------------
So, back when I was in Tempe, I found some interesting pictures in the apartment of one of the departing Assistants to the President. I decided to hold off on showing them to you until now. Enjoy. 


----------------------------------------
I can't remember if I had shown this to you yet, but in my first apartment I found some ducks in the paint on the wall. 
Yes, there are ducks there.  If you don't believe me check out the outline. It's not the best outline, but it shows what I want it to. 
Anyway, the reason I mention this is because it turns out that in my first house I found ducks and in my last house I found a duck. 
 One of the other elders left it behind for me. I don't know about you, but I find it kinda funny.
----------------------------------------

Well, that completes my email. I have my interview with President at 3pm. Wish me blessings. I'll see most of you tomorrow.
Con muchisimo amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-
(soon to be Brother Jordon Hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment