Thursday, November 15, 2012

11/14/12 - DJ -


Hi Everybody!

So we got the new district last week like I said we would. It’s interesting seeing them and being reminded how I was during my first week.  It's hard to believe how much I've learned and grown in such a short amount of time.

In other news I'm still in the triple companionship with Elder Lehikainen and Elder Talmage. we think it's going to stay this way until we leave at this point. (Given that we are supposed to leave in just under 2 weeks that's a pretty good possibility).

We had snow this last week that stuck this time.  It’s nice at the MTC because most of the walkways are covered and they plow the rest, but I'm looking forward to not seeing snow for another 2 years.

So something I learned this week, even though we are given rules to follow and are taught ways we should do things, last night we had a speaker that was saying there are people waiting for us specifically because of our uniqueness.  It'll be interesting to see what will happen once I'm in Mexico.  Speaking of, one of our Zone Resource teachers (teachers that give extra help and travel around from class to class) is from Mexico City so we've been getting a little bit of insight into the culture or at least the accent and manner of which the people of Mexico City speak.

Ok, spiritual thought for this week:
Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." While I'm not suffering at this moment, this is another new favorite scripture for me, and I think will help me as I go through things in the future.

Adios until next week,

-Elder David Hill Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment