Thursday, November 1, 2012

10/31/12-  DJ  -

Hola everyone!

Lots to talk about and not much time to type it.  first, Elder Dow was sent out early. so I'm in a Trio again, with Elder Lehikainen and Elder Talmage.  they both have the same departure date as me so I don't think it's going to change again before we head out to the field.  Somehow I get the feeling the Lord is preparing me to be in a Trio in the field... I guess we'll find out in a month.

On a different note I've started being part of the MTC Choir. my whole zone was participating and so I started going too (kinda had to when both of my companions were going) anyway it's been fun. also Elder Jordon Hill has started attending as of this week as well so we get to see each other during choir time now if not anywhere else during the week.

From the responses I received about my discovery last week it would seem I need to clarify a bit:
during the first week I was trying to figure out how to do everything. Including follow one of the scriptures commonly quoted for missionary work. (Matt 16:25 "For Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my [Christ's] Sake shall find it.") I had always heard this applied as to lose yourself in the work.  my first week I was trying to figure out how do you lose yourself when all you do is study and learn? it seemed like everything was focused on you at the MTC so I didn't know how to do it.  when I made my discovery that I didn't know who I was, I was excited! it meant that I had, at least in part, started to lose myself in the work.  There's a video online (a "Mormon Message") called "the Will of God" by D. Todd Christopherson (pardon my spelling) he talks about gardening and how he found a Current Bush. this bush had grown tall and did not have any berries on it. so he pruned it and cut back many of it's branches. I'll let you look up the video for the whole story but in the end the current bush was happy and covered with berries. God is my Gardener. he is changing me into what he wants me to be.  I'm excited! If I've grown so much in the last month I can't wait to see what happens over the next 23!

Adios!
-Elder Hill

Hey Tyler!
Mom said you were a little worried for me based on my last letter. You'll be happy to know I still have the same talents and things I love to do as before. My will is just becoming more in line with God. I still love talking about D&D, fantasy, etc. Elder Webb from my District is almost as big a nerd as I am, although he was more into anime. He always gets my nerdy references. We are actually glad we aren't companions because we'd never get anything done. So it's not a bad change, it's more of growing. The bad parts of my life/personality are being removed and good things are growing in their place. That's the best way I have to describe it.

Anyway, times up so I'm going to go now.
Love you bro.
-Elder David Hill Jr.

(PS. I'm sending this to mom to so she Knows What I said here)
(PPS: If you have any doubts, Elder Jordon Hill, Elder Webb and I are rewording the Pokemon theme song for missionary work. I'll send it to you when we're done ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment