Thursday, November 15, 2012

11/15/12 - Jordon

Hola,

Yesterday, was a fun day. Do you remember how when we were dropped of here that there were missionaries helping us out? Well, yesterday I got to be one of the hosts. They told us to be friendly to the missionaries to make them feel more comfortable. I decided to have a bit of fun with my car approach. When the family would start getting out of the car, I would look at the Hosting info paper they gave us and say, "Welcome new Elder or Sister to the MTC. I am Elder...(pause to look at my name tag)...Hill, and I will be your host for today." Of course, I was joking, and they knew it. Each car I did it to would laugh, and then I'd actually greet them and help them with their bags. It was a lot of fun.

Do you remember how I had asked several weeks ago for the sheet music for "All Times, All Things, All Places"? Well, I auditioned today (for the 3rd time) for a musical number. Each time prior, they had told me to tweak something and then come back the following week. This time I was perfect! I now have a spot in the Thanksgiving devotional. If I can, I'll try to send home a video of me singing, but I don't know if they'll give me a copy. Also, could you please NOT tell Elder Hill about this, I want it to be a surprise.

Tyler: You might get a kick out of this. Something I've decided to do to practically all the elders I come in contact with, more than just in passing, is to ask them if the phrase "20% cooler" has any special significance to them. If they don't say no, I will follow it up with "Are you the type of pony every pony should know?" So far, I've found 2 and a half Bronies. Elder Lingard was the first, I met him in Gym. Instant friendship. The second is Elder Larraby, he got here last week. The half if you're wondering is Elder Web in Elder (DJ) Hill's zone, he's seen all the episodes and gets the references, but he doesn't consider himself a fan. oh well. Let's find out how many bronies are serving missions. Shall we? [Note:  a Brony is a guy who is a fan of the “My Little Pony” series.]

That's all for this week. I'll talk to you all again next week.

Adios.

-Elder (Jordon) Hill-

----------------------






Pictures 1 y 2: I found two more. Sister Hill I found coming out of the Tuesday devotional. It was interesting, from her perspective it was just a random elder coming up and asking for a picture, then she saw my nametag and was excited. She's English speaking. Not sure where she's going though. Elder Hill just got here yesterday. He's in my zone. So, since my arrival, my zone has had 3 Elders with the last name Hill in it, not at the same time unfortunately. I believe this makes 7 and 8.


Picture 3: I got bored during a spot of free time.


No comments:

Post a Comment