Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/18/13 -

Hola Everyone!

Well there has been a lot going on here. No new baptism to send you a picture of, but lots of other stuff. 
 
First, I gave a talk in church on Sunday.  Yes, it was in Spanish.  No, I didn´t have my companion translate it for me. Yes, I made grammar mistakes.  No, I don´t know what they were, and most important, yes, the members were able to understand me.  I had several members come up to me and tell me that they could understand what I said and that my Spanish has gotten a lot better since I first arrived. 
 
Next: I met Elder Borcik. Elder Borcik is "The Mission Magician."   He performed magic for the mission talent show and was very impressive from what I´m told. We put on a dual show for a few elders in the office after a meeting that Elder Millerberg and he were at.  He went home today and Officially passed on the title of Mission Magician to me. So I have a lot of work to do to live up to that.
 
Third: Transfers were this week.  I´m staying right here in Martin Carrera for this next transfer, but Elder Millerberg was made a Zone Leader elsewhere in the mission.  My new companion is Elder Butterfield. He is also American and was my Zone leader for the last 6 weeks.  I´m not sure what I did to be blessed with American companions two changes in a row, but I´m feeling blessed. We have some potential to work with so we will have to see how it goes.

That´s about it for this week. Nos Vemos!

-Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment