Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/18/13 -

Well, this week has been alright. Dímas y Carmen, I think I've mentioned them before, are actually starting to progress. They came to the Noche de Amistad Actividad (Valentines day dinner and dance) that was on Friday, and they also came to Stake conference yesterday as well. I think we might be getting close to baptism, but they won't accept a date, yet.
 
So, guess what: I'm being transfered. We'll find out where on Wednesday. So, I get to spend today packing the majority of my stuff so I can go. Follow up info to come next week.
 
-----------------------------------------------
Spanish Lesson -- False Cognates
 
A cognate is a word that sounds pretty much the same in English and Spanish. Examples:
Spanish      English
Posible   =  Possible
Mortal    =   Mortal
Salvación = Salvation
 
A false cognate is a word in Spanish that sounds like a word in English but means something different. Examples:
Spanish           Sounds Like     Means
Asistir      -       to Assist      -    to Attend
Atender     -     to Attend      -   to Assist
Embaresada - Embarressed - Pregnant
-----------------------------------------------
 
I think that's about it for this week. Until next time,
 
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment