Thursday, May 23, 2013

5-13-13 Jordon

Well, having had skype calls yesterday, I don't know how much news I can muster, but I'll give it a try.
 
Transfers:
I'm still here in Tempe. Elder Harder left to become a Zone Leader in Mesa Zone with Elder Niederhauser, and in exchange, I received Elder Spaulding as my new companion. (pictures 1 & 2) He's a great guy. My description of him is that he's excentric about the work. He's kinda crazy, but I like him. This seems like it's going to be a good transfer.
 
 
Interesting observation: It appears that all my companions thus far have either entered into or advanced in leadership. Elder Oscarson became a Zone Leader (a couple tansfers later, but he did.), Elder Gutierrez became a District Leader, Elder Niederhouser became a Zone Leader, and now Elder Harder went from District leader to Zone Leader. So, I guess Elder Spaulding has something to look forward to.
 
Bad news: the other day I dropped my camera. The screen still works, but all the camera sees is black, so any pictures it takes are black. I can still see my previously taken pictures though, so that's good.
 
Tempe Cascade Update
Yesterday after Skype Calls, we went looking for a less active family in our ward, who, according to our records, lives in a trailor park near the church building. The same trailor park we had the police call on us in. We located the trailor they supposedly live in, and guess who we find there...the maintenence guy that doesn't like us. All we were looking for was to know if the family lives in that house or not, but he didn't care. All he kept saying was that we were trespassing that he was going to call the police if we didn't leave. In the last encounter, the police officer had me write down the addresses of the trailors we go visit. We wrote down four numbers, including this trailor we were standing at this time, but he had no recolection of this fourth number. We're going to investigate further. Stay tuned to find out what happens next.
 
Yesterday, I had asked for you to talk to Becky about getting me a TV Turnoffer. If I remember right, it requires a bit of programming before it can be used. If at all possible, could I get it pre-programmed? or if it requires any soddering, pre-built would be very much appreciated. I hope this isn't too much of a request.
-----------------
*A note to those reading the blog*
For those not informed on the background of this request: there are times when we get in to a families house to teach them, and we ask for them to turn off the TV, but all they do is turn down the volume. We try asking again, but they just turn it down more. This normally wouldn't be so much of a problem, but the picture moving in the corner of my eye is quite distracting. So, I've requested that my cousin send me a device that will turn off the TV for them. That's not mean is it.
------------------
A while back I got bored during my language study and decided to translate a few things. These are the results.
 
La Promesa de los Boy Scouts
A mi honra, haré mi mejor para cumplir con mi deber a dios y mi país y para obedecer la Ley de los Boy Scouts, para ayudar a otras personas a cada momento, para mantenerme fuerte físicamente, despierto mentalmente, y recto moralmente.
 
La Ley de los Boy Scouts
Un Boy Scout es: confiable, leal, útil, amigable, cortés, bueno, obediente, alegre, económico, valiente, limpio, y reverente. (y hambriento.
 
(no tengo mas tiempo ahorita. entonces voy a escribir mas de este la proxima semana.)
------------------
 
Well, thats it for this week. remember that daily phrase spanish calendar you sent me? I think the phrase for yesterday fits very well. "Nadie es más especial que su propia madre." (No one is more special than one's own mother.) Happy Mother's Day!!!
 
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment