Thursday, May 23, 2013

5-20-13 Jordon

Well, another week down. I don't think I have much to talk about today, so let's jump right in.
 
Meds. Yes, I did finally get my medication on Wednesday. The copay was $15, charged to my card. If it's not showing up, I don't know why. The prescription that went through was 2 tablets of 20 mg Adderall (not XR) taken in every morning. I tried that on Thrursday morning, and then after taking it it occured to me that I haven't taken adderall for about five years now, so it probably would have been a good idea to ease myself into it rather than take the full 40 on the first day. This thought was confirmed about a half hour later by an odd sensation and a small amount of pressure in my head. hehe.
After that first day, though, I went down to 20 mg. for the rest of the week to see if that would be better. It seemed to help to an extent, but I still was getting distracted quite a bit starting about half-way through the day. On Sunday, for example, the two speakers in Sacrament Meeting didn't know Spanish, so there was a translator. You'd probably expect that I would get more from the talks because they were in English, right? Well, for some reason, I was distracted by how the talks were being presented and couldn't really focus on what was being said. I was able to zero in on some parts, but for the most part my thoughts kept me occupied. Today, I decided to try upping the dosage to 30 mg. (1 and 1/2 tablets) We'll see how well it works. Right now I appear to have that sensation again, and my leg wont stop bouncing, but the sensation isn't as strong, and there doesn't seem to be that pressure. I think I might just need to get used to the meds again.
 
As for missionary work, we haven't really seen much success recently. We did an analysis of what we could improve on to help us out and came up with a few things; the two most prevalent being better quality OYMs and helping the members with member missionary work. We shall see how this plays out.
 
Interesting thing happened this week. We had a lesson set with a lady named Monica on Monday evening. When we went to our appointment, we knocked on the door and asked for Monica, but the lady that answered the door, whose name was Laura, said that she didn't know anyone by that name. So, we asked if we could teach her instead. It went well, and we're now teaching her and her family. I could have sworn that the address in my planner for Monica said #24, but last night I realized that it said # 21. Oops. At least we found someone else to teach.
 
So, remember how a while back I thought I saw Leif walking down the street. Well, since then there have been a couple other cameo appearances: Alex Beard and Devin Moulten. Am I actually seeing these people, or are my eyes deciving me. I always only see them while driving past, so I never get the chance to talk to them to find out if it's really them.
 
On a slightly less happy note, we recieved a text on Thursday, May 17, stating that the beloved Sister Francis Monson had passed away. I hope President Monson is doing alright.

Wow, I guess I had more to say than I thought. I hope you all are still doing fine.
Until next week,
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment