Thursday, May 23, 2013

5-6-13 Jordon

Hola familia.
 
Well, another transfer come and gone. We have our transfer meeting on Wednesday. There's just one problem, I don't know if I'm leaving or staying, yet. Something happened that we didn't get our transfer calls Sunday night as usual and instead we were told that we'd get them tonight, after p-day. So, it's hard to know what to prepare for. I don't know what to buy for food, or whether I should pack or not.
 
As for Mother's Day, yes, we do get to call home then, as well, but we haven't been able to set up anything yet because we have transfers right before it. So, be prepared to get a phone call or email to set something up in a few days. I'm really looking forward to it. For the moment, I'm in church from 12:30-3:30, so that works out well. We'll see how well it works out after transfers.
 
Anyway, the work keeps moving. We aren't having much success as far as progressing investigators are concerned. A lot of our investigators just don't seem to want to change. We're trying to give a reason to those who we think will continue, otherwise we're dropping them and moving on. We found a few new investigators and several potentials this past week. We had a lesson this one family that went really well, and they accepted a date for the 18th of May, on the first lesson. That's very unusual. So, we are super stoked. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to make contact with them since. We'll keep trying though.
 
So, remember that kid I mentioned last week? This week, he seemed to be a bit more subdued; anytime he wanted to get up and move around he walked rather than ran. For sacrament meeting we brought a few kids books for him to look at, and that seemed to work out fairly well. I wonder what he'd do with a rubix cube. Hmmmm.
 
So, I've taken a small interest in magic since coming on my mission. It might be the lack of ordinary playing cards propelling me to try to figure these out, but I've managed to work out the 10 card trick DJ does (and a few variations) and also Three Card Montey using pass along cards. (Although, I can't quite remember how the story for Three Card Montey goes. Help please?) I'm trying to remember how the clock trick works, but I'm stuck. Any suggestions for tricks to try, I have 14 different cards with the same back.
 
That covers it for this week. I will definately make sure to coordinate with someone about Mother's day. I'll "see" you then.
 
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment