Saturday, July 6, 2013

7-1-13 Jordon

I'm sorry about the lack of email last week. It seems that there was an error sending it last week that I didn't notice.

The work is a little slow right now on the Spanish side of things. We are trying hard every day to find people to teach, but most people just don't want the happiness we offer. (likely because they don't know our message yet, and aren't willing to listen long enough to find out.) But, we did find a few people this past week that show some promise. One of which is Alfonso.  He was a miracle find. We went to his house to recontact his mother (former). When we knocked on the door, he answered it. We said who we were, and immediately he invited us in, and we started talking. He's seems super interested, and he's on date for July 20th. The work is moving forward. (Slowly, but forward.)
Oh, guess what? I memorized the Family Proclamation. I passed it off this past week.


---------------------------------------------------------
Just curious, but how's the weather out there? Here it's not so bad. It's just HOT, that's all.

Also, I was just wondering how the Weight Loss Challenge has been going for everyone. So far, I've lost 20 lbs. (Granted, I gained 10 lbs. in the MTC, but after that, I lost 20.) Ok, fine, net loss: 10 lbs. since the beginning of the mission.

Mom, one of the members out here collects something that you may be interested in seeing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Something funny from my studies this week:
Acts 16
16 ¶And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
When I read this, I see a woman, possessed with a divining spirit, following them around for several days, proclaiming to everyone what they are: Servants of God, bringing with them a message of the way to salvation. It says that Paul was grieved, so he cast out the spirit. It kinda sounds like he was grieved because of her. I imagine it was something like, "Spirit, your annoying me. Get out of her and go away!"
That's all for this week. It sounds like you all are doing well. Some words of encouragement:
       "Keep up the good work, and the Lord will keep working on you."
              --(I just thought that up.)
Until next week.
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment