Sunday, July 28, 2013

7-22-13 - Jordon

This week was a bit less exciting than the previous one. I think Mission President Interviews were probably the highlight of the week. (Well, that and rain.) Most of our scheduled lessons fell through, and hardly anyone would open the door. We're trying to go through our area book for anyone that might be a bit promising, hoping they will yield good fruit. However, we did manage to get re-established with a former family that actually might come forth well. They are interested in the church, and actually have told us that they like our church more than the Catholic church. It looks like it's just a matter of overcoming family tradition, now. We'll see how it goes.
 
Also, unfortunately, Alfonso has been really busy this week, and we haven't been able to meet with him much. He's super ready, he just needs to sacrifice some time to come to church pretty much. I don't think he has sufficient faith to put the Lord first, yet. We're going to keep trying though. Pray for him please?
 
Kelly sounds like she's becoming a great member. Just baptized, and she's already getting into missionary work. That's great!
 
Weather Report
The monsoons are coming! The monsoons are coming!
This past week, it has been raining on and off in various locations thoughout the valley. The past few days specifically, we just happened to be where it was raining. The other day it was down pouring for like half an hour to an hour...and we got wet. I got to use my umbrella. (I always carry it with me.) We still got wet though. Interestingly, my left sock got quite a bit more wet than my right. I found out afterward that I have a crack in the bottom of that left shoe. The Monsoon Season is upon us.
-----------------------------------------
*Extras*
-I promised a while back to share these. Here they are. 
Boy Scout Oath, Law, Motto, Slogan, and Outdoor Code

Cub Scout Oath, Law,and Motto


-Pony Pix for Pony People . There are lots of horses out here.
 
-Something interesting happened to my shoes. They got dusty, yes, but the pattern on them happened naturally. 
I can't figure out how.
-----------------------------------------

By the way, I'm pretty sure that no matter where I am in the mission, you can probably send my mail to the Mission Office, and they will be able to get it to me in a week. The mission is small enough that they appear to be spreading the mail out fairly on time. The address is actually:
 
1001 N Burk St.
Gilbert, AZ. 85279
 
There's no 'e' in the street name.
 
I'm fairly sure that's it for this week. It sounds like everyone is doing well.
Until next week,
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment