Sunday, July 28, 2013

7/15/13 - DJ

Hola Everyone!

Well, I survived my first week in the Tenayo Zone, and my first Week with a Latino companion. Really I`ve only spoken English this last week when talking to myself, sometimes in prayers, and when talking to President Hall. So if some Spanish creeps into this Letter, forgive me. 
 
This last week was hard. Both Elder Muñante and I are new to the area and the previous elders didn`t leave us much to work with.  We do have a baptism set up for this coming Saturday, so hopefully you`ll see pictures of that next week.  But it`s been difficult to get references when the members don`t know you yet.  
On the plus side the members are pretty cool here.  We have a nice size ward (average Sunday attendance is a little over 100 people), and most of the leadership is younger. Like the bishop is about 34 years old, and he`s the oldest of the ward leadership. The Relief Society President is married to one of the counselors in the bishopric and for work they own a restaurant, so we never have to worry about going hungry if our food appointments fall through.
 
Not much else to say. No Picture of my companion, he doesn`t like having his picture taken, so you may have to wait a bit for that one. That`s about it. 
 
Nos Vemos!

-Elder D Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment