Thursday, November 28, 2013

11-23-13 - Jordon
Well, this week doesn't have a whole lot of news. But here's what I've got.
 
This past Wednesday, Elder Mueller's visa came in, and he was off to Figi the next day. So, for the time being I'm sorta "companionless."  I'm not alone by any means, I have been given Elder Cox to help me out. Let me explain. Elder Cox is from Gilbert, Arizona, and was called to serve in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission, however he had to come home due to back issues, and now they're doing a "test run" to see if he's fit to go back out or if he needs to stay home longer. So, he come's with me during the day, and then goes home at night. Meanwhile, I stay with the two other missionaries in my appartment. Savvy?
 
This past Thursday, Elder Bruce D. Porter, of the seventy, came to visit the mission. He talked about the Gospel of Christ: Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentence, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. It was kinda cool. He openned it up for the missionaries to share insights and ask questions, and there were some pretty interesting questions. One thing that I had been thinking about a little before, but now has been cemented, is that another way of saying "death" would be a "separation." Thus, Physical death becomes a physical separation, or a separation of your body and spirit, and Spiritual death becomes a spiritual separation, or a separation of your spirit from Hevenly Father. Interesting, no?
 
This transfer is actually going to be a 5 week transfer, followed by a 7 week transfer to offset. Otherwise, transfer day would fall on Christmas day, and the church wants to avoid the nightmare of scheduling flights that close to christmas. So, yes I have a possibility of being moved before Christmas. Although, Johnny tells me that he is still friends with tyler on Skype, so I may use his computer again if I'm still here. I'm noth in his ward, but it would be easier than trying to set up a new one in a week. We'll see what can be done.
 
Weather: It hasn't really been super cold here, but it has been a bit chilly as of late. No snow yet, but it's been raining off and on for the past few days. Average temperature at about 7 pm has been about 60-65º, I think. It's interesting to compare now to how I was when I got here. I do believe that I was very comfortable in this weather, but now I'm wanting to wear my coat shell more often, I may get more use from the fleese lining this year. a ver.

That's it for this week. Can you believe it? I've been out now for about 14 months! The past two months have felt like two weeks. It's crazy!
 
Until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment