Thursday, November 28, 2013

11/16/13 - DJ

Hola Everyone!

Well There was transfers this week and Now I´m in the Politecnico Ward in Lindavista Stake. I also have the assignment of being a mission secretary (some missions call it office elder) and have several responsibilities involving paperwork for visas, ordering materials, and whatever else President Hall wants done. Ideally our time is supposed to be split between office work and field work. my general daily schedule now has me in the office from 10-2 every weekday and out proselyting after that. Due to what president needs when sometimes it´s hard to keep to that schedule, but we try. 
 
My new companion, Elder Rutter, is pretty cool. He´s training me on all of the office responsibilities. He´s also from the US and as a result I think I´ve talked more english in the last week than I did in the last 2 months.
 
One quick experience, we were visiting a less active member with the other missionaries in our area (we share an area) and the following dialogue happened.
 
Member(Fermin): So you are from Utah too?
Me: Nope
Fermin: No? Arazona? Idaho?
Me: Tampoco (Them Neither)
Fermin: Then where are you from?
Me: Chicago
Fermin: Chicago! That's Awesome! <high 5>
It was a fun experience.

that´s all for now. Nos Vemos!

-Elder D Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment