Thursday, November 28, 2013

11/11/13 - Jordon

Well, this week had some interesting happenings.

Our focus in the work has been to meet with members about the Temple Presentation. Everyone is receiving it well. We should be getting several appointments this week to actually give the presentation. I'm super excited. Of course, we are also still teaching our investigators. We're starting to see some pick up in the number of people we are teaching each week.

On Friday, we experienced another first. It was the my first time someone I interviewed got baptized. Although I wasn't directly related to the event, there were still complications. My job as the District Leader is to make sure that the Baptismal Record is handed to the bishopric member presiding over the baptism. Unfortunately, the record wasn't finished yet. We weren't able to get all the information at the interview. The Sisters got the info from her and texted it to me, but the text never went through. At the Baptism, they tried to send it again, but, again, it did not go through. So, we had to spend some time together filling it out afterward, making us late for our next appointment. And, apparently my pattern with problematic firsts extended to the baptism itself, as well: The pianist was sick and didn't come, the person to give the opening prayer didn't show, and the recent convert performing the baptism couldn't get the words right. (Thankfully he only had to immerse her once.) Oh, and on Sunday, we found out that I misspelled her middle name. Easily fixed, but still... Oh well. It all worked out in the end. Don't you just love firsts. 

Transfers are coming up. I think they finally got the hang of it. We got our calls last night as we were supposed to. I'm staying. Elder Sievers is leaving. I'm still going to be District Leader, and I've been called to train another new missionary. The only Spanish missionary coming in is a sister, so I'm thinking it's going to be one of the Visa Waiters because the only other option is an English missionary. We'll have to wait and see.

-------------------------------------------
An unfortunate circumstance occurred yesterday...I lost my pencil!  I know it sounds silly, but that pencil was important to me. I had managed to hold onto it up to this point since before I entered the MTC. It had sentimental value to me. I hope it turns up sooner or later, but it probably won't. I lost it sometime during church. Oh, well.

That's all for this week. 
Until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment