Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12/2/13 -  Jordon

Hola familia. Cómo están?
This week was a little unusual as far as the schedule was concerned.
 
Wednesday we went to the temple. (yes, I still have names. Working through them nicely though.) That afternoon, we did some more work for the dead - We had a small training on family history work and using Family Search. There wasn't a whole lot I hadn't heard before, but it was fun. I didn't get a whole lot done, however, I did merge my entry for Grandpa Hill with Mom's. I also located the line we have that runs back to Adam and Eve, and began working on a list that traces it down to me.  I was having fun!
 
Guess what happened on Thursday. I spent the day in Urgent Care. (Mom's reaction: "What happened?") There's no need to worry, I'm ok, but stitches were involved. (Mom's response: "Ok, explain now!") I suppose I should explain then. Thursday, as I'm sure you're aware, was Thanksgiving. Elder Cox was home with his family/resting from cortizone injections, so I was with the other elders that live in my appartment. The schedule was a little wonky because (1) it was Thanksgiving, and (2) our schedules were meshed together. So, we started with a Lunch at noon, followed by a lunch at 1pm. While biking to our would be "Linner" at 3pm, Elder Hammond (not me) had an accident in which his chin made contact with the sidewalk, resulting in a gash about 3/8 in. deep. Thankfully we were right around the corner from our appointment, who readily took us down to urgent care. We were there for the rest of the evening waiting for Elder Hammond to be done. See? no need to worry. (Mom's reaction:  "Don't do that to me.") (My response: "I love you, Mom.")
 
By the way, Mom, Elizabeth Vlahovic says to tell you "hi". You don't know her, and she doesn't know you, but she likes interesting people.
 
As far as the work goes, it's still very slow, and seems to have slowed further. We're turning toward our part members and less actives now to see where they stand. One of our less actives is rather opposed to religion in general. He found all this "evidence" in Church History that supports theories about the Church being false, and he says there is no need for God because we can support everything now with science. I like him. He's a good guy. He makes me laugh. I see him as a son of God who has lost his faith, and I intend to do what I can to help him come back. His wife is on our side. She is a strong member of the Church And desires him to come back as well. I fear for their kids though. I don't want to see what impact this will have on their faith growing up. More info as it develops.
 
Well, that's it for this week. I hope you all are doing well. I imagine in the coming weeks, that feeling of "this is so wierd not having snow for Christmas" will set in again. oh, well.
 
Oh, one more thing. Happy Birthday, Dad!!!!
 
Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment