Monday, December 23, 2013

12-23-13 - Jordon

Hola familia. ¡Feliz Navidad!
This past week was awesome!
 
As you know, Transfers were this past week. But, first, a little bit of unfinished business: Here is the picture of Me with Elder Cox. (Picture 1827) He is doing fine. He left for Pennsylvania Wednesday morning. 

 
My new companion is Elder Jewkes (Picture 1832) He's been on his mission for about 6 months now, and he comes from Orangeville, Utah. (Where?) It's a small town in Emery County, near Castledale. He's a fun-loving guy and is quite the social butterfly. Already, I've noticed several things that we can learn from each other. This is going to be an interesting transfer.
 
 
After Transfer Meeting, we all went down to the Gilbert Temple to take a picture. Yup. All the missionaries in the mission. Later, they gave each missionary a copy of the picture. I meant to take a picture of the picture so you could see it, but I didn't get to it. I'll show it to you next week.
 
On Thursday, we had the Mission Christmas Party. It was quite a change from last year's. Each of the Zones was instructed to prepare a song or skit to be performed at the party. Even the office staff got in on the fun. I'm in the process of putting the videos on Terra (our hard drive at home), but I might not be able to get to all of them today. Something else we did at the party were some "Minute to Win it" games.  It was a lot of fun for me to see.
 
As far as missionary work goes, it's still going slow, but I believe it's starting to pick up. We're starting to see some fruits from the Temple Presentation. Likely because Christmas time is almost over, but I'm glad to start seeing some movement.
 
---------------------------------------------
Well, it's official: I've gotten sick!  I've actually had a sore throat and been coughing for the past week and a half, but it's been going on long enough that I've had to admit it. I'm getting better though. Now I'm mostly only coughing later in the evening, starting about 9pm. It's not so bad, but it makes nightly District Leader calls rather difficult.
---------------------------------------------
The other day, I was looking up a word in the dictionary, and decided to read a little bit of the preface. It was talking about where the English language came from and meantioned something about the "Norman Conquest".  Immediately, my mind started thinking D&D, and that the "Norman Conquest" might make an interesting campaign or historic plot point. Hehe.
---------------------------------------------
 
Well, that's it for this week. If you haven't already, you should have a Bro. Frisina calling you to work out Skype calls on Christmas. We have dinner with them that evening, so I figure we might be able to do it about 4pm. Does that work for you?
 
Oh! By the way, I got the Birthday/Christmas package. The only problem I had was that I wasn't able to identify which of the 4 types of wrapping paper were Birthday presents and wheich were Christmas presents. I only knew which were the Santa presents. So, my solution was to just wait until Christmas to open any of them. They are currently sitting under our Christmas Tree. I'll explain a bit more about that next week.
 
I hope you have a very merry Christmas. I'll see you on Wendesday.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment