Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/21/13 -

Hola Everyone!

So this week has been busy.  We have a lot of people we are trying to see; but first, I´ll explain the pictures. 

This is a picture of my new home for another 20 months.  The pictures were taken at about dusk and

 the bright building in the second one is the Mexico City Temple (which is just outside of the Mexico City Northwest Mission).  


I have yet to get a picture of just me and my companion, but I figure that this picture  will do.  This was the picture from my first baptism on the mission!  From right to left is my companion, Elder Millerberg, Karla (The investigator I mentioned last week, who is also the one being baptized), her daughter, Alejandra, her Grandparents, and then Me. I had the privilege of Baptizing Karla and said and did everything right on the first try.  Now her grandparents are interested in what we have to say, and we are teaching them as well.
 
On a different note, I´ve been told a couple of times in the last week that my accent is great and once I get the language down I will sound great.  I don´t know if they´re telling the truth or if they are just trying to make me feel better. but whatever.
 
The sisters in the ward that feed us keep getting worried that I don´t eat enough. I eat until I´m full, stopping just short of being lethargic for the rest of the day and they say (translated to english) "You are so little, are you sure you don´t want more?" Either I am going to have to learn to eat more, or I´m going to have to find a better way to say I have a small stomach.  On the plus side, I´m full for the rest of the day after we have our meals.

Take Care Everyone,
-Elder Hill

PS: The food still hasn´t made me sick yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment