Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/21/13 -
Hola, familia. ¿Cómo están?
 
This week has been a bit better than last week. Our numbers are up, my homesickness is down, and the work is moving forward.
 
A couple of interesting things happened this week; both, in my opinion, inspired from heaven.
 
First, we had just finished teaching Calixto, one of our less actives. And had planned to go visit his neighbor, Elena, afterward. However, we soon discovered that she was home alone. And without a third male, we couldn't teach her. So, we set up a return appointment and left. We got back to the car and both had the thought, let's see if Calixto could come with us. So we did, and he could. The lesson was good and Calixto was able to participate well.
 
And second, we had a lesson scheduled with Angelica, a new investigator, for the following day, and we needed to find a third male to come with us. (Curse that rule of 3) We tried to find a member to come with us, but no one was available. Well, that night, we had a lesson con Juan. Remember Juan, the 20 year investigator? well, during the lesson, I had the thought, "Invite Juan." So, I explained the situation to him, and invited him to come, and guess what:  He accepted! He came with us to the lesson, and it turned out that they knew eachother. It was a great lesson, and I feel that Juan benifited from it, as well.
 
On a side note, remember those paper clips you sent me for Chirstmas, I found a use for them. (See Picture) What do you think?
 
 
That pretty much covers it for this week. I'll leave you with a scripture that I've taken a liking to this last week.
 
             Joshua 1:9 -- Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
 
Con Amor,
 
-Elder (Jordon) Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment