Monday, March 25, 2013

Jordon - 3/25/13

Well, this week has been a little unusual. Some things that happened are:
-We found some fairly solid new investigators.
-Elder Niederhauser is now a zone leader.
-I saw Leif Mogren walking down the street. 
-and Jesus got bucked of by a donkey.
Perhaps these need a little explaining. I'll go in order.
 
We found some fairly solid new investigators. We were going to visit one of our investigators who we haven't really been able to get in with for a while, and we found here outside with some of her neighbors. We talked to them a little bit and were able to teach them most of the first lesson. After the lesson, we were chating with one of them, Melena, and she expressed a concern for her children. She wants to teach them good values and make sure they don't "learn from the world". She seems super interested. We had an appointment on Friday, but something came up, unexpectedly, and she had to go out of town. We'll catch her when she gets back. I love super interested people.
 
Elder Niederhauser is now a zone leader. Well, transfers are this week. I'm staying Elder Niederhauser is leaving and got a call from President Howes asking if he would be a Zone Leader. He accepted, of course. So, now I get to take over the area, and I will be receiving a new companion on Wednesday. I promise to take a picture with him, so you can see what he looks like sooner this time. You know, it's kinda interesting: I haven't had the same companion for longer than a transfer, yet. But, I'm still young in the field. This is only the end of Transfer 3 of 16 in the field. I still have time. And, if pattern should follow suit, I should be recieving a call soon saying that I'm moving to a new house. I haven't had the same house for longer than a transfer either.
 
I saw Leif Mogren walking down the street. Or, at least, it looked like him. We were driving past and I didn't have a chance to get a good look at him. Where does Leif go to school again? It wouldn't happen to be at Arizona State University, would it? If not I guess it was just an imposter. But, he looked just like him: tall, skinny, short black hair. I wish I could have gotten a better look at him. Oh, well.
 
Now for Jesus getting bucked of by a donkey. Every year for Easter the Church puts on an Easter Pagent at the Mesa Temple. It's a huge production about the life of Jesus Christ; from his birth all the way to his resurrection. Funny thing about live performances--mistakes can happen. We had an opportunity to go with a part member family this past Friday. (One of the Spanish nights, by the way.)  In the play there's a scene where Jesus rides and donkey though the town. I think it's about the time of Passover. Well, this particular night, the donkey appears to have been in a bad mood because when Jesus got on, the donkey started bucking and bucked him right off. They decided to have Jesus walk instead. Anyway, the family really liked it. The Spirit was strong. I'm glad we went.
 
That pretty much covers it.
A little something from my studies.
 
Mark 13:32-37
  32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
  33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
  34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
  35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
  36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
  37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
 
Not even the Son knoweth when he should come, so how can man? Keep ye, therefore, a constant vigil, lest ye be caught unaware at that last day.
I suppose that one day the Father will say to Jesus, "Go," and then he will.
 
Hasta la proxima semana.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment