Tuesday, August 13, 2013

7/29/13 - Jordon

Well, this week was interesting. We haven't been having much improvement as far as investigators are concerned, but we were able to have a few decent lessons.
 
We taught a man named Raymundo about the Book of Mormon. He was a former we found in our area book. When we first started talking to him, he wasn't really interested in what we had to say. He said that most of what he had heard about our church didn't coinside with what history says and that if the Book of Mormon was actually "the word of God", everyone would already have heard about it (like the Bible, Torrah, or Quran). After some discussion, we gave him an explanation about what the Book of Mormon is and how we now have it (the Restoration through Joseph Smith). He was a little intrigued about Jesus in the Americas and said he would read about it. It was a strong lesson.
 
We had another great lesson with a lady named Taylor. We OYMed her on the way to visit a part member family. She was really nice. She said that she has LDS friends and has gone to church with them once or twice, but she didn't understand much. Apparently, no one had ever told her about what the Book of Mormon is or really even what we believe as a church. So, we taught her about the history of the Book of Mormon and how we now have it. She really liked it, and said that we made it sound interesting. The spirit was strong. We invited her to read and pray, and she said she would. Unfortunately, she doesn't speak any Spanish, so we had to give her off the the English Missionaries in the area.
 
We've had several similar lessons thoughout the week, most of which were English, so they were passed on. Sometimes, I question if the reason I'm here is to give people a good first impression of missionaries. haha. Whatever the reason, I'm trying my best to do what God wants of me.
------------------------------------------
Beware of Rhinos
This week, I got a flat tire. The cause of which was a nail about an inch long that I rode over. It went through and punctured both sides of the tube (outer and inner rim). When I showed Elder Macfarlane that I had a flat, he asked if I had run over a rhino. After finding the cause of my tire void of air, I responded yes. Be careful on bikes.
 
That's all for today. I love you all.
until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment