Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2/24/14 - Jordon

Hola Familia. ¿Cómo están?
 
This week has been fairly interesting. Weather has been fairly nice. Not too hat, not too cold. (Too cold in Gilbert, Arizona? What am I thinking?) Although, apparently there's a bit of a drought in California, and they say that our water supply might be restricted a bit. That's not good. Pray for rain, please?
 
We have an investigator named Margaret. (I'm not certain if I've mentioned her before.) Yesterday, we met with her for first time in a while, and when we asked her to be baptized, her first response was that means she would have to invite everyone she wanted...In other words, yes.  She even said that she wanted to be baptized on the 8th! Two weeks away! That's amazing. We have two problems, though: (1) We have barely taught her anything yet, and (2) she just recently moved to Mesa Mission.  We have to give her away. However, there's a couple problems with that, too. She wants to keep coming to our ward, and if we were to have the Masa missionaries teach her, she would not be comfortable. All her friends are here, and she doesn't want to be tought by the other missionaries. I don't know how to proceed. (HELP!!! Where are the Elite Beat Agents when you need them?) I'm gonna talk to President Nattress about it.
 
Other than that the only thing that comes to mind was my Bike "Not-Crash". Remember how I told you that I was off my meds for a bit. Well, apparently, they help me to reason better, as well. I was riding my bike on the side walk next to the curb. Up ahead, there was a spot where the sidewalk split from the curb to go around a light pole while the curb continued straight, and then they rejoined like six feet later. (I think you can see where this is going.) Well, I made the mistake of deciding to ride the curb. As you might have guessed, my bike slipped off the curb, and I ended up hopping on my foot to try to steady myself. Realizing the enevitability that I was about to fall, I made an "abandon ship" and lept from the bike with a forward role into a bush. The bike came to a halt laying on the sidewalk. The bike was fine, I was fine. The majority of the damage can be summed up with a small scrape on my knee, and a bigger scrape on my elbow (now a scab). Thank you, karate rolls.
 
That's it for today. I hope everyone is doing well. Until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment