Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3/3/14 - Jordon

This week was Awesome! I'll give you the highlights, not necessarily in chronological order.
 
On Tuesday, we got a call from Margaret saying that she wasn't going to make it to our appointment on Thursday.  Friday morning, however, at about 8:30 am, we received another phone call from her saying that she wanted to meet at 10 am that same day. We scrambled to find someone to come with us. It all worked out. She is really awesome.
 
On Wednesday, we had our transferly temple trip. Still to the Mesa Temple because the Gilbert Temple hadn't been dedicated yet. I am pleased to announce that we have aided in allowing twelve of my deceased family members to go through the temple.   I love going to the temple.
 
Speaking of the temple, this weekend was the dedication of the Gilbert Temple. Saturday evening was the Cultural Celebration, and Yesterday was the Dedication. Sadly, I did not get to go to either, but we did get to watch them via broadcast at the Stake Center. The Cultural Celebration was amazing! I was playing "Spot the Youth" looking for any of the youth in my wards among the 12,000 youth in the event. Everything went well, with very few mistakes here and there. I would be very surprised if someone hasn't put it on YouTube yet. You need to see it. Oh, by the way...it was raining all day, including during the celebration. All the youth got soaked. Hehe. However, every youth I've asked, so far, said that they loved doing it despite the rain.
 
Sunday - The Dedication. It was new for me. I've never seen a temple dedication before. In contrast to the day before, it was sunny. The cornerstone ceremony was interesting. I don't really know what to say about it. President Monson and President Eyring came for the Celebration and Dedication. The temple is now dedicated and will be in operation tomorrow (the 4th).
 
The part that I'm super stoked about was what happened yesterday evening. For the Dedication, they moved all the furniture out of the rooms and put white folding chairs in for people to view the Dedication. Guess who got to help put everything back...ME! Well, the missionaries in general, but I was one of them. I got to see parts of the temple I will likely never see again. This list includes: The sisters changing room, the basement (which includes the brake room, chapel for the ordinance workers, the shop, and mechanical rooms), the floor below the basement, the attic, and the roof.  Most of this was just part of working, but I did do a little exploring, though. The one room I really wanted to visit, but didn't have the opportunity to see, however, was the Brides' Dressing Room.  Oh, well. I'll just have to wait until they build the Sycamore, Illinois Temple.  Wishful thinking?
 
Oh, just before we started service. We got to see 2 someones of great importance...in person! President Monson and President Eyring. We witnessed them coming out of the Temple. (Picture proof provided.)
 
President Eyring (center, smiling)

President Monson (center)
 
 
That's it for today. Until next week.
 
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment