Friday, March 14, 2014

3/10/14 - Jordon

Miracles galore. This week has been amazing.
 
Margaret is doing wonderfully. She has just been soaking up what we're teaching her. She may not remember all the details, but she understands it in the moment. She really wants to be baptized, and it's looking like it might be on the 22 of March. Even if her memory isn't that great, her heart is ready for baptism. When I first met her 5 months ago, she didn't want to feel pushed into baptism. Now I look at her, and it's as if she's running towards it. It's amazing how much she's changed.
 
Well, this is the last week of this transfer. My thoughts are turning toward me leaving again. There are a few differences this time though. (1) After my first transfer here I felt that I was going to be here until after the Gilbert Temple opens. That promise has now been fulfilled. (2)Contrary to my feelings last time, I feel quite comforted as this transfer comes to a close. And (3) yesterday in Fast and Testimony meeting, I felt prompted that I should go up and bear my testimony. When I got up to speak, without intention, one of the first things out of my mouth was that it has been a pleasure to be serving here in the ward. In essence, I just said "goodbye". These three factors lead me to believe my time here is coming to an end. We'll find out next week.
 
I had another "Ninja Moment" on Thursday. (I know what you're thinking...no, I'm not trying to do stupid things on my bike.) Last time, I did the roll into the bush. Ninja aspect: My companion, who was infront of me, looked back and saw me hopping to catch myself. He then looked forward for a few seconds, and when he looked back again, I was gone. Ninja Vanish. This time, We were riding to our weekly Coordination Meeting. As I turned the corner into the church parking lot, my bike slid out from under me and fell. However, with my "ninja" reflexes, I was able to catch myself, landing in a semi sideways splits, straddling the fallen bike. (Not quite splits, but I can't remember what the stance was called. It resembled the one we did in karate where we were sitting on one heel with the other leg extended out to the side. I'll see if I can get a picture for next week.) Fancy footwork has been helping me a lot lately. Thank you, Mom, for enrolling me in Karate growing up.
 
Oh, I almost forgot. This week we also had an FHA (Family Home Afternoon). As a zone we went to the Esplin home, one of our senior couples here in the mission, and basically we had FHE, accept it was held in the afternoon instead of the evening. It was a lot of fun. We took a picture.
 
 
That's pretty much all I for this week. Until next time.
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment