Monday, July 7, 2014

6/30/14 - Jordon

Well, send some of that rain our way. We haven't had any rain since the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration (March 1st).
This week was very dull for missionary work. Not much is happening here at the moment. To be honest, I don't have any cool stories or anything to tell you about. Much like we don't have rain, we're sort of in a "drought" for missionary work in our area, as well. But, we press forward with full purpose of heart. I'm not done here, yet. Keep us in your prayers.
In other news, tomorrow marks the one-year anniversary of the Arizona Gilbert Mission. WOOT!!!  Today we got together as a mission and had a breakfast, followed by some fun activities. Much water was involved. One of the games we played was really interesting: Each companionship got a towel and went out into the field. The objective: Catch the incoming water balloons. Several missionaries were in charge of launching balloons into the crowd of towel bearing missionaries. On various occasions, several of us started shouting "mine" like the seagulls in Finding Nemo. It was a lot of fun. The closest I got to catching one, though, was one hitting my hand and splashing my shoulder. Oh well.
Tomorrow, we have a Mission Temple Trip, followed by a meeting with the Temple President. I'm looking forward to that.
Oh! Also, President Nattress has decided that we're going to read the Book of Mormon together as a mission. Each day we're being given an extra hour for reading. This will go from July 1st until August 29th. (60 days.) It works out to about 9 pages a day. We've also been asked to invite our families to do this with us.

>Would you (each of you reading this email) be willing take this 60 day Book of Mormon challenge with me?<
Interestingly enough, this goes right up until I'm about to come home. You could kinda use this as a countdown. Once you finish, I'm about to come home. I'd like to know who has decided to take this challenge. Let me know.

Other than that, I don't have anything more for you. I'm doing alright for the time being. I love you all!!! Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment