Monday, July 7, 2014

6/16/14 - Jordon

Well, this transfer brought some interesting occurances.
 
I was transfered out to San Tan Valley. Here's my new address:
Elder Jordon Hill
195 W. Brangus Way
San Tan Valley, AZ. 85143
Does it look familiar? If it does, that's because I've lived here before. I'm back in the Brangus House. I lived here when I was companions with Elder Macfarlane. Want to know something interesting? It was this transfer, a year ago, that I was moved into this house the first time.Crazy, huh?
 
Welcome to Transfer 15, Companion 13, Area 7. I present to you my newest companion: Elder Cairns. (See below.) He's from Longmont, Colorado. He's been out now for about 6 months. He's a fun Elder. Always keeping me on my toes. This is going to be an interesting transfer. Also, we only cover one ward. Desert Hills Ward. Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, I'm still in English. (I'm not bitter. Honest!...No, really, I'm ok with it. )
 
 
 
Funny tid bit for you: There is a Hill family that lives in the ward. Every member I meet asks if I am related to them. My response: "No, those are the 'desert Hills'. I'm more of a flat-land Hill." It usually gets a laugh or two.
 
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm not District leader anymore, but I still am.  President Nattress told me that he had a special assignment for me (which I won't divulge at this time). In his call he said that the district I was moving to already had a district leader, so he didn't need me for that at the moment, for the next transfer at least, but he never actually said I wasn't a district leader anymore. At transfers, I asked him for some clarification. He said that I didn't need to worry about being district leader for the moment, but he was going to leave me as "District Leader" status in the computer system. Strange. I've decided that I'm still a district leader, but I'm not assigned over a district. Hehe.
 
As for the work in the area...There isn't much to say. When I got here, we didn't have any investigators, and there wasn't really anyone we were working with. in essence, we have to build up from nothing. Fortunately, we have an area book. We decided to go through the formers, and contact all the fellowships to see how each former investigator is doing. We are still in the early stages of this plan, but we're starting to make some headway. Hopefully I should have more to report next week.
------------------------------------------------------
So, as you know yesterday was Father's Day. Do you remember how the Church put out videos for Easter and Mother's Day? Well, the Church has put out another............(wait, what?) Oh, nevermind. Sadly there is no "It was Dad" video for Father's Day. Sorry, Dad. And I was so looking forward to seeing what they'd do. A few of us were thinking, "Exploding grill." Oh, well. Happy Father's Day!!!
------------------------------------------------------
 
That's it for this week. Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment