Saturday, August 30, 2014

8/25/14 - DJ

Hola Everyone!

So first I'm going to address the main question I've been getting recently. How do I feel about being so close to going home? well, I don't know. feelings are weird and mixed. I feel that I still have so much to do and only a short time to do it. So I'm trying to stay focused on the present. the current week, one day at a time. So, on to the important part of the E-mail.
 
This week has been a little more difficult, but good. A good portion of our investigators we realized aren't progressing :( so we're making plans for how we can help them to start progressing. In the mean time I'll talk about those that are getting closer to baptism. This week we started teaching Juan. He's the "husband" of Nadia, one of our other investigators. He's mostly interested in learning to understand better, but I've seen several people start that way that ended up being baptized, so we're praying for that to happen here. We also started teaching Susanna, who is the Daughter of Marcelino and Gloria (who got baptized about 3 weeks ago.), and she seems to be liking everything she's hearing. Her parents are a big help here, too, and it turns out her husband is an inactive member as well! Small world.
 
Last Saturday we also had a cool experience. We were asked to participate in a "Missionary for a day" activity in the next stake over.  We were given one of the young men to show them what it's like to be a missionary for a day. Samuel was great! He got to experience a little bit of everything about the mission: from lessons with investigators, to unplanned service, to sore feet from all the walking. It was a great day all around. 

That's all for now. Nos Vemos!
-Elder D Hill

PS: I'm ok with Jordon going home early because it means he gets to help fix up my room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment