Monday, August 11, 2014

8/8/14 - Jordon

Well, this week was a bit more smooth for me than last week.
The Spanish is coming back quickly. I'm not so tired from day to day as I was when I got transferred here, so I think it was due to my brain trying to keep up with everything. My brain seems to be decently adjusted back into it now. Although, I still have problems keeping up with everyone. Hardly an hour goes by without my saying, "Mande" (or in English "Could you repeat that?" Or, at least, that's how I'm intending it. I could be wrong, but it seems to be working well enough.)
Oh, something I forgot to mention last week. I'm district leader, again. (Hurray for preparing trainings. Woohoo.)   No, actually I don't mind it so much. But, get this. Everyone in my district is a Spanish speaking missionary. Do you know what that means? Spanish District Meetings! Yup, I get to give my trainings is Spanish now. The Zone Leaders don't speak Spanish, and one of them sits in each week, but they're okay with the Spanish.
The area is doing well. This week we did a lot of yard service for people. Being Monsoon season, it's somewhat humid out now. I was reminded, again, how much I'm not a fan of humidity. I'm not a big fan of sweating when I'm not doing anything to warrant the sweat. Oh well, what can you do.
There was a baptism this past Friday...but it wasn't ours. It was for one of the investigators of a sister companionship in my district. So, I got to do the interview. Something interesting I've noticed: Every time I do a baptismal interview for someone in Spanish, when I ask about the Word of Wisdom, they go on a rant about how important it is to have wisdom and learn everything you need to. EVERY TIME! Often times, the English speakers I had interviewed in the past wouldn't know what I was referring to either. They know the principle once I start explaining it, but don't know what it's called. Tyler, when you go on your mission, would you make sure to link in your investigators minds the principle of the Word of Wisdom with it's name, so that those who interview your investigators don't have this same problem? Please? It will help many a people both investigator and missionary.

--------------------------------------------------
I witnessed a miracle yesterday. We did an "temporary" exchange with the Zone Leaders of Skyline Zone (my last zone). During the exchange, we went to the YSA Ward's "Break the Fast" meal. As we were about to leave, I met a young sister who just returned from her mission a couple months ago. When she read my nametag she asked, "Are you from Illinois?" I answered her, with a bit of confusion in my mind. She then blurted out, "I know your family! I had Thanksgiving dinner at your house!" She apparently was looking for me and didn't know how to go about it. For those of you at home, you might know her as Sister Lunt, or Hermana Lunt as she introduced herself to me. She informed me that my dad said to tell me "Hi" and was constantly messaging her on Facebook to see if she had found me, yet. Well, she found me. Dad, message received.  And to think, if we hadn't done the exchange, she would have never been able to deliver the message. It's the little miracles that bring us the most joy.
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Okay, everyone is welcome to know this, but I want to talk specifically to Mom for a moment. Mom, do you remember in our Mother's day call I asked you how you managed to raise me to become what I am now? Well, I think I may have encountered the answer. If you would, please listen to the audio file "Moms Explained.mp3" attached to this email, and don't read anymore until you have done so.
(Moms Explained.mp3) 

Is that a decent way to describe it? I came across this song a little bit ago, and recently realized just how well it relates to my question. Mom, I will now attempt to speak for both me and DJ. I want you to know just what an impact you have had on our lives. From the time we were born even up until now, you continue to be a great influence and support for both of us, and I know you will continue to do so ever onward even until both you and we have passed beyond the veil. Words cannot express the feelings contained withing my heart right now. But maybe this will help. Mom, I would like for you to listen to "Our Response.mp3" also attached to this email, and then continue.
(Our Response.mp3 -- see reply)

I love you, Mom! And, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have and will yet do.
--------------------------------------------------
Well, that's it for this email. Until next week.

Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment