Sunday, October 27, 2013

10/7 - Jordon

Well, this week was interesting.
 
Transfer update: I received my transfer call about 2 pm last Monday afternoon. I was leaving. Elder Cope was staying. I was transfered back to Gilbert. This transfer is a transfer of firsts:
 
-I'm back in my first area...sort of. (I'm assigned to English wards still.)
-It was my first time "white-washing" into an area. ("white-washing": both companions are new to the area.)
-It is my first time training a new missionary (in his first area).
-and it's my first time being a District Leader!
 
So, there's a lot of work ahead for me. The Lord apparently has a lot of trust in me to give me all this. My new companion's name is Elder Sievers. He's 20 years old, and he's from Orem, Utah ("The Factory" as he calls it).  He's a great guy, and he pretty much already knows what he's doing. All I'm here for is to show him the schedule mostly. Also, he's spanish speaking. So I have someone to practice my Spanish on now. Yay!
 
 
I had a feeling after transfers that this was going to be a great transfer, and it looks like it will be that way. There are a lot of things in the works and we get to be in the middle of it all. We'll see what happens. I'm excited.
 
General Conference kinda let me down a little bit. The talks were great, but, I don't know. There seemed to be something different from times past. President Monson, without Sister Monson, didn't seem to have the same spirit as he has in the past. You could especially see it in Priesthood session. He told a funny story from his childhood, as he usually did, but it seemed almost forced, to me. His spirits seemed to lift a bit by the end of the conference, but you could still see a deep sadness in face. I'm thoroughly convinced that Elder Holland's talk was partially aimed toward President Monson. I hope he is coping well.
-----------------------------------
Farfetch'd is completed. 
 

 
-----------------------------------
 
So that's pretty much it for this week. We're learning the area as fast as we can and pushing forward with the work as best we can. I hope all goes well in the upcoming weeks.

Until next time.
Con mucho amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment