Tuesday, October 1, 2013

9/23/13 Jordon
Well, this week has seen some improvement. In one of our wards, we got an assignment to checkout some of the members and make sure they still live there. roughly about 20 addresses. Thus far we've found out that several of them have moved. Of those, some of their replacements weren't very nice. However, in one of the houses lives a man that offered us water and said to come back any time. We don't know if he's a member or not, but we intend to find out. And, in another house we found a really friendly lady who said she would be interested in learning more of our religion. We're a little interested in what her motives might be because she is Jehovah's Witness, but we'll see how this goes. (Also, she looks and sounds near-exactly like Renee. You might remember her. She went to sci-fi club back when I was in high school.)
 
Yesterday, I gave a talk in church. The topic was "My Role in the Work of Salvation -- The Missionaries Perspective." It went well, I think. Everyone kept telling me that I did a good job and that they liked my talk, but I don't know if I like how it turned out. Not having a computer to prepare the talk on makes the task a bit different. If I can, I'll try to type up the talk and send it home for you all to see.
-------------------------------
In other news, I'm going crazy. It's finally fall here in Arizona. Last night the temperature was somewhere around 80 degrees...and it felt wonderful! I remember a time when 80 degrees felt hot! Perhaps it was just the humidity that made it feel uncomfortable, but still. I must be ill or something.
--------------------------------
That's all for today. I hope everyone is doing well. Thursday is the one year mark. Looking forward it still seems like I have a long way to go, but looking back it seems to have just flown by. What ever the case, I'm not done serving yet, and I hopefully never will be.
 
I miss you all a lot. Just three months to the next Skype call.
Oh, they just informed us that we will likely start doing internet proselyting soon. We'll be getting ipads soon as well. The theory is by the end of October. I'm still not certain yet of all that's involved with these new tools, but we'll find out soon.
 
Until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment