Saturday, January 18, 2014

1-13-14 - Jordon
Hola familia. ¿Cómo están?
 
Estoy muy contento con los eventos de esta semana. Teníamos unas cosas interesantes...
 
Oh, English. hehe. Elder Hill was saying that I should work on my Spanish, so I was.
Let's try this again.
------------------------------
Hi Family. How are you?
 
I'm quite happy with the events that happened this week. We had a few interesting things.
 
Friday, Tracy Watson came from Salt Lake and did a Leadership training. He is in charge of technology in proselyting efforts. It was a lot of fun. It mostly focused on things we have already been working on, but he brought some new insight to the table. I wish I could convey everything to you that I've learned, but I simply don't have the time. However, I can say that I am very excided and motivated for doing the work now.
He also gave us a preview of something we've been looking forward to for a while--iPads. We aren't getting them yet, but I think he said in a month or so. Anyway, he was showing us the planner app on the ipad with a projector so everyone could see it, but he wanted to go up to the screen to point to things, but he needed someone to hold it upright so it would stay upright. Well, guess who got to hold it for a few minutes...me!  Afterward, a few missionaries came up to me and asked me what it was like/called me lucky for getting to hold it. I'm super excited for when we finally get them. Theoretically, we should have them before I return home from my mission. hehe.
 
Guess who came to visit us on Saturday...not Elder Holland.  We found out on Friday that he had other things he needed to attend to, so he wouldn't be able to make it. So instead Elder Jim Wright (Area 70 over our missions) came in his place. It was still a fun experience. There were 3 missions there--Gilbert, Mesa, and Scottsdale. I found it interesting to see that the other missions had iPads already. (I'm not bitter, I promise. )  Anyway, I got to see some friends from before the mission split there. It was a joyous reunion.
 
By the way, Mom, on the topic of talks, I was not going to chastise you for helping Kelly. I understand that nerves can be a little high when it comes to public speaking. In fact, last night during dinner, the family we were with got a phone call from a member of the bishopric wanting to have their 12 year old daughter speak in sacrament meeting next week. Guess what her reaction was..."NOOOOOO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!..." I couldn't help but laugh. I think I remember reacting that way to talks when I was her age. Well, she, of course, "accepted" the talk. In lou of this, Elder Jewkes and I decided to help her out a little. We did not by any means write her talk for her, but we helped her by asking her questions and letting her see what she already knew about it. The talk is supposed to be for 3-5 minutes. when we were done with her, she easily had 15-20 minutes of material. She felt a lot better about it afterward. I'm glad to be able to help.
------------------------------------
 
Well, that's all for this week. I see great things coming up. Oh, by the way, Gilbert Temple Open House starts this Saturday. I'm excited! Until next week.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment