Saturday, January 18, 2014

12-30-13 - Jordon
Well, this past week was fun.
 
We've been going around introducing Elder Jewkes to everyone, and at the same time getting to know some of the other less active and part member families in our wards that we aren't very familiar with yet. We're starting to find some movement in the work, and I'm excited about it. Plus, with the Temple Open House fast approaching, we're sure to get some members calling us about the Temple Presentation. And referals galore from the open house itself. I'm so excited!
 
On Tuesday we went caroling as a zone. We went around to each companionships' investigators (1 or 2 from each) and sang to them. It was a lot of fun.
 
On Wednesday, as you know, was Christmas. We started the day by opening presents. Here are a few pictures of our tree and the presents underneath.   

 
 
I'm really grateful for the gifts I received. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to send anything out for you all. I'll make up for it next year, I promise. After that we went to a member's house for breakfast. They apparently have a tradition of having the missionaries over for breakfast each Christmas. The day in bulk was spent at home playing games, but later we went to the Frisina house to call home. It was great to see all of you again. Just 5 months until the next one.  After that we had dinner with them. Then we got together as a zone and watched the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. For some reason, when I'm watching movies I've seen before, I like to MST3K them a little. It was fun nonetheless.
----------------------------------------------
Guess what I found out the other day!  Dad, you are no longer the only person, I know of, who owns a Melodica. One of our members has one too. She let us play it, and now I really desire to have one. Unfortunately, Christmas is over now.  Oh, well. Qué será, será.
 
 
----------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I decided to start playing around with a piece of paper. After a while, this was the result. Enjoy!
 
 
(NOTE:  it became an optical illusion.  The high points change at different angles of view)
----------------------------------------------
Other than that, there isn't really anything exciting to tell. The work goes on as usual.
Things are starting to pick up, and I'm happy about it. More to come next week. Until then.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment