Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27/14 - Jordon
Well, this week has been rather nice.
 
The work seems to be picking up. Giving a comparison: When I first started here, we were getting 4 Teaching Opportunities (TOs) a week. TOs consist of Lessons with a Member Present, Other lessons, and Lessons with Less Actives/Recent Converts. Well, last week (week before the one that just finished) we had 8 TOs, and this week we had 13 TOs.  Woo Hoo! Most of them have been with less actives, but at least we're teaching people. A missionary who is not teaching is not happy. We're still trying to find more investigators though. We'll keep trying.
 
I had a realization last week. This will have been my longest area of my mission thus far. At the end of this transfer, I will have been here for 3 transfers, technically tied with when I was in Tempe. However, I was there for a transfers of 5, 6, and 6 weeks (totalling 17 weeks), whereas I'll have been here for transfers of 6, 5, and 7 weeks (totalling 18 weeks). So I will have been here for one week longer than Tempe. hehe.
 
Transfer calls are this approaching Sunday. I just have an uneasiness in my stomach that I might be getting transfered. After my first transfer here in this area, I had a feeling that I was going to be here until the Gilbert Temple opened. However, I'm now uncertain if I might have mistaken "temple opens" with "temple opens to the public" (a.k.a. - the open house, which is underway as of last Saturday.) I don't want to leave, yet. Oh, well. If the Lord wills it, so let it be done.
------------------------------------------------
Oh, we had a flash of inspiration. Perhaps the reason we haven't gotten iPads yet is so as not to disrupt our focus on the Temple Open House. Based on what Bro. Watson was saying, the timing would line up that we get them shortly after the openning of the Gilbert temple. We'll have to wait and see.
------------------------------------------------
Guess what...We had a temple trip last week, and there's another new video. Apparently, President Monson authorized not one but three new temple videos to be made. The idea behind this is that the three videos will be used intermitently, so that you don't necesarily know which one will be used. Each video highlights something different, and there is much to be learned though them. I'm excited.
 
That's it for this week. Until next time.
 
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment