Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FROM DJ -
Alright, I survived another week.
I was in a bit more of a hurry last week so there are some things I never mentioned.
The Lord saw fit to help me with losing weight.  my room is on the 4th (top)floor of the residence hall and my classroom is on the 5th(top) floor of another building. with no elevators.  on top of this my companions are very much jocks and are big into physical fitness.  so I don't have much choice.
Dear Elder works. Don't hesitate to give that out to people. with all the studying of the gospel and Spanish It's nice to take a 3 minute break to read a letter.

Over the last couple of weeks I've learned to rely on the Lord more than ever.  A realization I had was "I'm going to a Spanish speaking mission to teach me to rely more on the Spirit instead of my own words."  I have a new favorite scripture that I discovered during scripture study this week. I was starting to wonder if I was up to the immense work that was being placed upon me. first a scripture mastery came to mind. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."  this helped but I was still a little concerned.  my new favorite scripture is the other one I discovered while searching for what the reference on the scripture mastery was.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9. And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

If I'm doing what's right and what the Lord has asked me to do my weaknesses bring humility and the Lord will strengthen my week points and help me overcome any weakness to do his work.

I'll send pictures later. this computer doesn't want to recognize my camera.

-Elder David Hill Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment