Tuesday, April 9, 2013

4/8 - Jordon

Well, this week has been a bit of a let down as far as investigator progress goes. People are just hard to meet with. Although, we have one person on date for April 27th. so, that's a plus. Her name is Daniella and she is 13 years old. She seems to really be interested in the message we share, and she made friends with one of our youth, Vanessa. So, that's looking good.
 
Yesterday something interesting happened (asside from conference). We were talking to these two people on the street, when I guy walking his dog while riding his bike rode by. As he was passing, the leash got rapped around the front tire, causing hime to stop right in front of us. (interesting timing don't you think?) Well, we were busy talking, so we didn't catch the kid before he freed his tire and continued riding, but after we finished, we got in the car and tracked him down. We caught up with him (the leash got caught again ), we invited him to hear our message, he accepted, and we had a great lesson. And, he was super receptive. Unfortunately, he's English, so we had to pass him off to the English elders. Oh, well. It was still great, anyway.
 
My nerd senses were tingling the other day. We were on our way to a lesson, we parked the car, and I saw these on the car infront of us.  
                                                                  Megaman!

Nerds, we're everywhere! Don't worry, I took these after the lesson. 
 
Remember that pokemon paper craft you sent me? We'll I finished it last night. Here's the finished product. It turned out good, don't you think? This week I had an apostrophy (I mean epiphany.) I realized you sent me the Bibarel (the beaver pokemon) and then for Easter you sent me the beaver pencil topper. Are you trying to tell me something? I gave it a little thought. I thought about the nature of beavers and realized that beavers are hard workers, so I should be working hard like the busy beaver. I am by the way. hehe.
 
(NOTE FROM MOM:  I sent him this to put together to ease the stress levels.  On the back of each piece was a scripture he was to look up before he could glue that piece in place.)

 
 
Ok, I'm sure you've been waiting for this. General Conference. Yeah, this conference was quite interesting. There was a lot about mission work. (or maybe I just didn't notice as much in the past because I wasn't a missionary.) Anyway, one thing that caught my interest was something from Elder Holland's talk (I love his talks) He said that the size of your faith is unimportant, what matters is what you do with it. I like that. Even when your faith is low, cling to the faith you have, and eventually it will grow.
 
By the way, if faith can move mountains, should we warn the skiers?
 
Well, that about covers it for this week. I hope you all are having fun with the full house (All DJ, Jordon, and Tyler's friends).
 
Until next week.
Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment