Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/29/13 - Jordon

Hola Familia.
This week has been kinda uneventful. Elder Harder and I are working as hard as we can to bring others unto Christ, but if they don't want to come, we can't make them. We're working with our current investigators to try to get them to church, but a lot of the time they have to work and can't make it. We're also trying to distiguish their interest level, and if they don't want to make the changes needed, we're letting them go. Our time would be better served elsewhere. For those who actually are interested, we're doing the best we can to help them.
Yesterday, we didn't have anyone at church. However, the Sister Missionaries (did I mention we share the ward with Sister Missionaries?) brought an investigator, and he really seems interested. The only problem is that he has a 5 year old son that doesn't like to sit still for longer than 5 seconds. He doesn't like to sit in class either. So, we, us and the Sisters, spent a good amount of time trying to keep the kid occupied, so his dad could pay attention. There was one moment during Elders Quorum that wasn't so pleasent, however. There was one moment where the Dad told his son to sit down. He layed down on the bench infront of us (for about 10 seconds), got up said something like I need to go to the bathroom, and ran off. Suddenly we hear a noise from the back of the chapel. I looked back, and the kid was thowing up. A lot.  (Eew.) His father quickly rushed him to the bathroom, and while his dad was tending to him, we and some of the Elders Quorum proceeded to clean up the mess. I think it might have been a combination of primary snack and all that running around he was doing. After he was cleaned up, and we found him a shirt, he was back to running around again. We're going to think of activities that would keep the kid occupied this week. I hope we can help him to have a good time in class.  (Any Ideas?)
----------------------------------------------
Ok, I don't know how, but some how I got sucked into the Angry Birds craze. At Wall-Mart they sell these Angry Birds eraser puzzles in those quarter machines by the entrance. Maybe you've seen them.  I decided to get one because it looked kinda cool. Somehow, I ended up collecting them, getting one or two each time I go. 

 I've gotten a few repeats, so I decided to customize them a bit.  I even got a couple pigs. 

So, who's up for a game? hehe. 
The Tower
Loading the Bird



Strike!

Success!

Add caption

 I took a video, but the video was too big to send. (ps -- No, we don't do this on a regular basis. We just did this once to get the video of it.)
----------------------------------------------
So, I reallized something interesting this week. Have you ever noticed how repetitive the scriptures can be at times? I was reading in Daniel chapter 3. Here's what I read:
 4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,
 5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
 6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
 7 Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
---
10 Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:
 11 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
 12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
 13 ¶Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king.
 14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
 15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

Wow! When I read this during personal study, I actually laughed out loud.
Although, if you continue on it leads into the stories of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego in the furnace, and then into Daniel in the lions den. From these stories, and several others, I've concluded that as long as we obey the commandments given to us, everything always works out alright.

That's it for this week. I hope you all are having a great Spring. It's blazing out here. I looked at the temperature today and it said 101 degrees.And it's only going to get hotter. Oh, well. I'll live. (hopefully, hehe)

Con Amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment