Friday, June 28, 2013

6-17-13 - Jordon

Well, No real updates in the work this week. We're still trying to find, teach, and invite. Although, the Tempe Stake has had a bit of a push for member missionary work recently. Also, on June 23, there is going to be a brodcast open to the public (I assume this was for everyone, not just for Tempe Mission) entitled "The Work of Salvation". This too will have a large focus on missionary work. I hope you all get to see it. It starts at 5:00 pm (arizona time).
 
As for our investigators, we're trying to help them as best we can, but some of them just don't want the help/won't admit they need it. I've been improving on the amout I testify, but they just arn't willing to give up family traditions sometimes. We'll keep trying. The younger generation seems to be a bit more receptive.
 
It is sad that Grandpa passed away this past week, and being the first "close" family death I've experienced, I realized something. As I contemplated on it, and relayed the info in my letter to Ashley last week, I realized that I wasn't depressed about it that much. I contribute this partially to my "lack of self attention", which I believe I mentioned last week, but primarily to my knowledge of the Gospel. I know we'll see him again in the next life. Rest well, Grandpa.
 
So, Transfers are this Wednesday, and my most prominent prediction (more just a fun teese) came true. I believe I've stated before that thus far all of my companions had gone on to become leadership? Well, it's happened again. Elder Spaulding is becoming a district leader this transfer. In addition, we are both leaving the area. This transfer determines who's in which mission. So, next time I write you I may not be in the Arizona Tempe Mission any more. More news to come on this next time.
 
Recently, this transfer, I took up a hobby of photograghing interesting license plates.  Well, yesterday we were driving along and we saw a rather interesting one. It said "ALM4373". At a glance it's not so impressive, but in "text talk" '4' can mean 'A'. So, Elder Spaulding pointed out that it said Alma 37:3. I tryed to get a good picture, but my camera doesn't work so well without light.
Anyway, keeping in mind that this is on a license plate, here's what the verse says:
3 And these plates of brass, which contain these engravings, which have the records of the holy scriptures upon them, which have the genealogy of our forefathers, even from the beginning—
Plates with engravings containing records of holy scriptures? License plate with a scripture verse? Haha! We died laughing when we looked this up.
 
Medicine -- It seems like its working. I've been taking 30mg each morning. I have about a weeks worth left. I'll go in for a refill on the prescription next week.
 
Last week after Emails I had a stroke of boredom/curiosity. the result of this is found in pictures.  Enjoy the battle. (and yes, I would like another paper craft, please. )
 
 
 
 

 
That's it for this week, there were a few other things I would have liked to put in here, but that's all that time will allow. They're not that important and shall be included in following emails.
 
Fare thee well.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment