Sunday, April 13, 2014

3/31/14 - Jordon

Well, this week brought a little bit of heart break, but over all was good.
 
Interesting "coincidence": On Tuesday, the crux of my training at district meeting was that people need to know who they are. As a person with amnesia struggles from not knowing who they are, so too does every person we talk to have difficulty in life because they don't know who they really are as sons and daughters of their Heavenly Father. Great minds think alike...or the spirit whispers the same message to different people at times. Good to know we're on the same page here, Mom.  (For those not clued in, Mom sent some words of wisdom with somewhat the same message.)
 
Do you remember that Stake meeting we had last week? Well, our fears were confirmed on Wednesday. We are no longer covering Freestone Park Ward. Instead, we have been assigned over Mesquite Ward. It was momentarily difficult to accept the change, but I know there's a purpose for every decision affecting this work. By the way, our wards' boundaries still don't touch. This is truely an interesting phenomenon, to me at least. It just builds my testimony stronger of this work.
 
Saturday, the 29th. Margaret got baptized! WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO! (Picture below.) She was a bit...no, very apprehensive and very worried about her trials, but she had the faith to go through with it. Statistically, we were not able to report it because of the reallocation of ward assignments (the other missionaries got the stat, and numbers don't really matter anyway), but I'm still counting it personally. I'm convinced that, at the least, I was in Freestone Park Ward to get her to baptism. As soon as she was cemented into getting baptized, I was out. The same thing happened with Brother Aug being released as Branch President. As soon as it was certain that DJ and I were going on missions, he was done. Even if these aren't the reasons for why, they sound good to me. One thing I've learned over the course of my mission is that, apparently, if I don't know why something is the way it is, I'll make up a few supporting reasons to ease my not knowing. Is that bad?
 
Me, Bro. Hanchet (in white), Margaret (also in white), Elder Jewkes
 
 
That's all for this week. Until next time.
 
Con amor,
 
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment