Sunday, April 20, 2014

4/19/14 -DJ

Hola Everyone!

So this week has been kinds normal, except for yesterday. Yesterday, as several of you have heard, we had a 7.5 magnitude Earthquake hit Mexico City. A lot of the people here are saying they haven't had one that bad since 1985 (which was an 8.1). Everyone seems to be ok, our office has a few new cracks in the walls and small pieces of the ceiling fell in a couple of spots in the halls, but everything seems to be working fine now, and all of the Missionaries are healthy and safe (to my knowledge, everyone is fine, but I don't know everyone in Mexico yet.) So I guess I have a new life experience to add to my list.
 
This week we also had interviews with President Hall. We talked a lot about being converted to Christ and he shared the example of Peter and everything that happened with him (I'll let you look that up. Yay homework!), but we examined it as he pointed out to me the major conversion point of Peter. It was interesting for me to think on and how it can apply to me. 
 
As for our investigators, most of them are out of town. It's semana santa (holly week) and just about everyone, it seems, is gone on vacation. Next week should be back to normal though. 
 
That's all for now. Nos Vemos!

-Elder D Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment