Monday, April 21, 2014

4/21/14 - Jordon

Well, this week was rather festive. The fact that it was the week of Easter might have had something to do with it.
 
First, before I forget, Last Sunday the Church put out a video for Easter entitled "Because of Him." Here's the link: http://easter.mormon.org. Perhaps you've seen this video already. I have fallen in love with this video. Not only is it good, but we have received instructions to try and spread this video as far as we could. I'm not certain if that was supposed to stop at Easter or not, but I wanted to share this with you, at least. Personally, I would love to show this to anyone that says we're not Christian. That might be a little hard until we get iPads though.
 
Kolter (one of the 9-yr-olds) is doing well. We taught him the rest of the Plan of Salvation, and he understood it. We asked him about a baptismal date, and he's decided to wait until June when his uncle comes into town, so he can be there, too. In the mean time, we'll keep teaching him and prepping him, so he can be ready.

Last Sunday, one of our members came to us and asked if we could teach her 7 year-old grandson to prepare him for baptism. We accepted. She later informed us that her daughter (the boy's mother) is less active. There appears to be some sneaky grandmother business going on here. I like it.
 
The past few days have been kinda interesting. Our dinner appointments each day invited us to dye eggs with them so we wouldn't miss being away from home. How could we say no? We only did a couple so as not to use up too much time. I got creative. [Below] are pictures of the [some of the] eggs I made between the three days. Also, yesterday we got the opportunity to help a family with their egg hunt by hiding eggs for the grandchildren to find. It was a lot of fun. I messed with the 12 year old a bit. I had a few eggs in my pockets, and after they had swept an area for eggs, I put an egg where one had been previously. She noticed the new egg there and was confused, but picked it up...I did it again, same spot. She saw the third egg and said aloud that it was creepy that they kept popping up there.  I love messing with kids.
 
 



 
That's pretty much it for this week. Quick question: How is Devin Saam doing? I haven't heard anything from or about him for a long time. He came into my mind the other day in a somewhat unrelated conversation. So, I'm following up.
 
Until next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-

No comments:

Post a Comment