Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/7/14-Jordon
Well, another week gone by. Where does the time go?
 
General Conference this weekend was awesome! All the talks were amazing, and several were very benefitial in our current circumstances. A few that I really liked were Elder Holland's talk (primarily for his passionate testimony. Practically yelling at the world. hehe), Elder Zuick's talk (What are you thinking? Great for improving relationships), and, of course, President Monson's openning remarks in the Saturday Morning Session (a nice little shout out to the Gilbert Arizona Temple). I also liked Elder Oaks' talk in Priesthood session about women not being given the Priesthood, but being given Priesthood authority. My personal thought on that was that it should have been in a general session. It seemed to me like it was intended for sisters, too. I'm sure there was a purpose for it though. I wish I could convey all my thoughts and feelings regaurding everything that took place this conference, but I lack the vocabulary or time to do so here. I hope you were able to see it all. If not, you should definately go back and check it out.
 
Earlier this week. We were contacted by someone in the YSA Ward. She told us that she had talked to her 9 year old nephew about baptism, and he wants to be baptized. His mother is ok with it. So, we started up with teaching him on Thursday. It was a good lesson, and he appeared to understand it all. Our next appointment is set for this upcoming Thursday. I hope all goes well with his lessons.
 
With the realignment of boundaries, we also gained a family where the mother is a member and two of her sons are not baptized yet. The problem we run into here is that they are both mostly deaf. Mom, I wish I had paid better attention when you were working with Erin. It would have been very helpful here. Anyway, we contacted the missionaries nearby that do know ASL, and we have a lesson set for this Friday. Wish us blessings.
------------------------------------
Ok, I'm sure many of you have this question on your mind: When are we getting iPads? Well, I am sorrowed to say that it would appear that we will not be getting them for a long while, perhaps not even until next year. As I understand it, in many of the missions that do have them, they were not working out so well. Missionaries were not using the iPads in the manner that HQ had hoped for. However, I have not, as of yet, heard anyone who actually has direct access to such information say anything about it, so I don't know how acurate that information may be. But, that is what I have heard.
------------------------------------
Question for those in Illinois: Does anyone know an Elder Clingo? He is a missionary serving in Spanish, and he is related to one of the families in one of my wards. Just curious.
------------------------------------
That's it for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I'll check back next time.
Con amor,
-Elder Jordon Hill-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment